Sunday, August 7, 2011

Serious Relationships - Part V

                                  
If you haven't read Serious Relationships - Part I, II, III, or IV, then I have no use for you.  Read them and catch up already.

In this, the fifth installment, I shall outline a few of the reasons why Joe and I ended up in this predicament...I mean marriage.

I like to cook.  He likes to eat what I cook.   This seems to be a trend in my Serious Relationships.  He has gained something like 30 pounds since we started dating.  I can feed him anything from beanie-weenie to chile relleno pizza to grilled tilapia and  he is happy.  He does get a little cranky when I suggest peanut butter and jelly about 5 nights a week.  What can I say?  I love me some PB&J. 


                                 Jif is the only peanut butter worth putting in your face-hole!


We both enjoy similar movies, books, and television shows.  When I have had a glass or two of wine and feel the need to watch Disney movies, he watches the whole movie even though I fall asleep after 15 minutes.  Also, I like Top GearTop Gear is a very popular British show about cars that has been on for about 20 seasons.  Joe has caught up on them all.  I especially like when Jeremy Clarkson says words like vajazzled.  However, we don't always agree on what to watch.  He likes to watch a lot of science and space shows.  These can be interesting.  I find that they are not as interesting at 10 o'clock at night after derby practice.  I find I prefer The Penguins of Madagascar or Squidbillies.  He likes those, too.  In fact, we both enjoy iCarly, Fanboy and Chum Chum, and Spongebob Squarepants.  He doesn't really care for Dexter, which makes me question his sanity.  I forgive him though because he does like True Blood.


                                     Squidbillies is stupid and violent and raunchy.  I love it!



We both are very competitive.  We play for blood.  I think part of why I liked him so much in the beginning of our relationship was because I couldn't beat him at every little game.  We nearly got into a fight once over Mario Soccer for Wii.  We learned not to play video games against each other when I beat him at Madden.  We switched to things like chess.  We are both pathetic at it, so it is more of a contest of who is the least pathetic instead of a game of wits.

We both enjoy taking care of each other.  I know when I don't feel good, Joe is very good about pampering me.  I get crazy-bad headaches occasionally.  They are probably migraines.  They are definitely horrible.  He always brings me delicious ibuprofen and the heating pad.  We take care of each other on a daily basis, too.  It has become kind of a game.  It's a good game.  Everyone wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment