Sunday, July 24, 2011

Serious Relationships - Part IV

If you haven't read Serious Relationships - Parts I-III, you may be a bit behind.  In those segments, we met and got to know my Hetero-Lifemate, Leslie.



We also learned that I have a husband.  And, he is nice.



I kinda like his face.  He seems to like mine back.  It is convenient like that.

We owe our entire Serious Relationship to Liz.  I think we still owe her a pizza or something. And Gill Street Pub (or Bar or whatever).  That is where it all started.

Without Liz's intervention, I would never have even considered Joe for a date let alone a marriage.  This is what he looked like the night we met.


                                                                  


I thought he was about 19.  I was 25 at the time.  So, when Liz told me I should go talk to him at the after-party, I thought she was a bit more insane than she usually is.

"How old is he?"  I exclaimed.
"He's our age," she replied.
"Ok."
I am obviously a hard sell.

Our First Date was two weeks later.  We ate at T.G.I. Friday's.  We had hot wings even though Leslie told me not to order them.  I dropped one into my lap immediately.  He pretended not to notice. 

Then we went to a Riverman game.  One highlight of the evening was the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders kicking in semi-unison about six times.  I was hoping one would slip on the ice.  I have mentioned that I have an evil sense of humor, right?  The other highlight of the evening were several drunk 21 year-olds with foul mouths.  They nearly ended up in a fight with the parents of the small children that were within hearing distance.  I don't remember any actual hockey.  Probably because hockey sucks.  Go, Pack, Go!


After that we headed to a bar for a couple drinks and a bit of darts.  Joe assured me he wasn't very good.  After soundly whooping my ass at Cricket, he said he'd only been in the dart league for about a year.  

                                                               Darts is a serious sport.

Bonus Points were awarded to Joe for ignoring my clumsy hot wing handling, purchasing lower bowl tickets, and knowing what Cricket was without an explanation.

I think I impressed him by fixing my headlight with a solid smack on its housing in the parking lot at the bar, laughing at the cheerleaders, and knowing what Cricket was without an explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment