Saturday, July 23, 2011

Kitchen Success! The Earthburger

Stuff What You'll Need to Make 'Em...

Portabella Mushroom caps (1 per burger)
1/3 lb ground beef per burger
1-2 slices bacon per burger
Queso Fresco (white cheese)
Soy sauce
Worcestershire sauce
oil
Liquid Smoke
salt
pepper
buns

Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
Marinate by splooshing some Soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce on each cap.  I just did this before I made the patties and all the rest.  (10-15 minutes)  Right before slapping them in the oil, I sliced these bad boys about 1/4" and tossed em in the drippy marinade.

Put just enough Oil in pan to cover the bottom for sauteing the shrooms. (1 Tbsp.)   I splooshed a bit of liquid smoke into the oil.  (1 tsp. or less)

Make 1/3 pound burgers.  I always salt and pepper my burgers.

Start to cook them.

When you flip them start sauteing the shrooms and frying your bacon.  Make that stuff crispy!  The bacon.  Not the shrooms...

I made the burgers and the bacon together in my fancy cast iron grill pan.  I would usually grill the burgers and possibly the shrooms on the charcoal Weber, but it is still over 95 degrees in the shade today.

Just before yanking the burgers off the grill (pan) I slapped a goodish amount of Queso Fresco on them.  Mmm, cheese...

Then I stacked the bacon and mushrooms on top.

Joe and I decided to taste them before adding condiments.  We always use condiments on our burgers.  However, these were too good to ruin with any sort of sauce. 

I would post pictures, but we eated them all up.

Next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment