Friday, April 27, 2012

Pregnancy is Soooooo Weird - Part Two

The good.

1. Big Boobs/Cleavage.
I have them.  Need I say more.


2. Comfy Clothes.
Everything I can fit into is either a t-shirt knit or has an elastic waistband.  It is very much like wearing pajamas all day every day.  I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on "maternity" clothes when t-shirt dresses and leggings look better anyway!

Muumuus are hot, right?

3. Food!
Everything is delicious.  Not that I have ever had any trouble finding something to eat...  However, even the most blah food is hitting the spot.  And that spot seems to need hitting about every 2 or 3 hours. 
A typical meal.

4.  Attention.
I never really thought of myself as an attention-whore.  It is nice to be intriguing.  And, what's more intriguing than pregnancy.  Ok, a lot of stuff is more intriguing than pregnancy, but it seems to be working for me.



The Bad.

1. Big boobs/Cleavage.
I have them.  I am no longer comfortable when not wearing a bra.  My bra stabs me.

2.  Drugs are Bad, Mmmkay.
I can't take anything good.  I am not supposed to have excess (or really any) caffeine which really limits my Mt. Dew intake.  After I have my one singular cup of coffee in the morning, I then have to pee approximately ninety-seven times before noon.



I can take Tylenol when I have a headache.  When I have a migraine, I can take Tylenol.   Yippee (sarcasm).  For a cold, I can take Sudafed.   I choose to sleep.  A lot.  The Benadryll helps.

3. Sleep.
A lot of it seems required.  Bedtime used to be 11:30 or midnight.  Bedtime is now any time after dinner.  I do try to wait until at least 8:00pm to crash so that I don't wake up at 5:00am.  Also, I haven't slept through the night since before I even knew I was knocked up.  Currently, I am up at least twice every night.  That is the minimum.  I am not sure what my record is yet.  Five times, six?

4.  The Gas.
 Joe is not amused.



5.  Stamina.
I have little to none.  This is really hampering my spring gardening, housework, shopping, and baby preparations.  I seem to find the energy to cook, however.



The Just Plain Odd.

1. Stalkers.
I have a few people who come to see me just to see what I look like with a "baby bump." 

2. Kicks.
The Wee Baby Seamus kicks me.  It feels weird.  It is especially weird when he manages to make my bladder Zing.  Sometimes it is more of a clawing from the inside feeling.  You have all seen the horror movies where something (usually an alien) is inside someone.  You can see it pushing around just under the skin.  I now know what that feels like. 

Aww!



No comments:

Post a Comment